Vinyl Floor Installation
Vinyl Floor Installation in the Miami Metropolitan Area
Style to Fit Your Budget
With luxury vinyl plank, tile, or sheet vinyl, you can opt for a high-end look without a high-end price tag. Our wide selection of hardwood and stone looks can give any room—even a bathroom, utility room, or mudroom—the upgrade it deserves.
Another Level of Comfort
Luxury vinyl is soft and keeps a constant temperature in all seasons, so it’s comfortable to walk on barefoot. It can even ease long periods of standing, making it a great option for the kitchen.
Durable & Waterproof
Luxury vinyl boasts outstanding performance: it withstands spills, scuffs, and even scratches from family pets. Its tight, waterproof fit and resilient surface make for easy cleanup that won’t damage your subfloors.
Vinyl Floor Installation
INSTALLING LUXURY VINYL PLANK & TILE
Installing Mohawk luxury vinyl plank and tile is quick and easy with Uniclic® Technology, our exclusive glueless locking system. Mohawk luxury vinyl tile can be installed directly over most existing floor coverings, except for carpet, laminate, and cushioned vinyl flooring. With the patented Uniclic® Multifit, vinyl planks can be installed horizontally, vertically, or at an angle, so installation is easy and saves you both money and time.
PREPARING FOR VINYL FLOOR INSTALLATION
Aside from clearing the installation areas in your home, there are a few other ways to prepare:
- Luxury vinyl floors need to acclimate to the new environment for 48 hours
- Always examine your new flooring for damage
- Be sure to read the approved installation instructions and warranty information.
- Take care of any repairs to the subfloors before your new vinyl floor installation
- Be sure to install all base and island cabinets before
- Remove all furniture and appliances from the room
- Determine how you would like the planks arranged. For hardwood looks, we recommend orienting your planks parallel to the long dimension of the room.
Our professional vinyl floor installation team members bring their own tools and will need access to electrical power outlets.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR VINYL FLOOR
Luxury vinyl is exceptionally easy to keep clean and looking like new. Your luxury vinyl plank or sheet vinyl flooring from Mohawk is not only beautiful, but it is also highly durable and waterproof. It only takes a few simple care and maintenance steps to keep your Mohawk luxury vinyl floor looking beautiful for years to come.
- When cleaning vinyl floors, use a soft bristle broom to remove loose dirt.
- Damp-mop as needed with clean water and a non-abrasive floor cleaner.
- Mohawk luxury vinyl flooring beats the competition at heat, sun, and water resistance, so you can live more and worry less.
- Use these practices for regular care and maintenance to extend the life of your floor.
BEST PRACTICES FOR PREVENTING DAMAGE
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately.
- Wash the floor with non-abrasive floor cleaner.
- Never push, pull, or drag furniture across vinyl floors. Always lift and carry.
- Heavy furniture or appliances that are not moved often should be equipped with flat, non-staining floor protectors.
- Avoid using a vacuum with a beater bar.
- For spot stain treatment, use a diluted bleach solution that is 1 part bleach, 10 parts water.