Laminate Floor Installation
Installation in the Miami Metropolitan Area
The Look & Feel of Hardwood
With realistic surface texture and unmatched visual emulation of hardwood, GenuEdge™ Technology is the new standard in laminate.
Durability You Can Count On
The ultimate in surface defense, ScratchGuard™ Advanced Finish Protection resists scratches and dulling to keep your floor looking newer, longer.
Laminate Floor Installation
With realistic surface texture and unmatched visual emulation of hardwood, GenuEdge™ Technology is the new standard in laminate. Additionally, the ultimate in surface defense, ScratchGuard™ Advanced Finish Protection resists scratches and dulling to keep your floor looking newer, longer.
Love the natural look of authentic hardwood floors, but don’t love the cost or maintenance? Our selection of wood-style laminate makes all kinds types of looks and styles accessible for your budget.
The texture and luxurious look of natural stone tile is available in durable, affordable laminate. Its grout-free surface is low maintenance. Unlike stone, laminate creates a softer, warmer step under bare feet.
PREPARING FOR INSTALLATION
Aside from clearing the laminate floor installation areas in your home, there are a few other ways to prepare:
- Some laminate floor installations need to acclimate to the new environment, so it’s good to have it delivered to your home at least two days before installation.
- Examine your new flooring for defects before installation.
- Be sure to read the laminate floor installation instructions.
- Take care of any repairs to the subfloors before installing any new flooring.
Our professional laminate floor installation team will bring their own tools, so please provide access to electrical power outlets. It is good to have an idea of how you want to orient your flooring, but the installers will advise if you are unsure. Also, keep in mind that your furniture and belongings will get moved around.
- Use a dust mop, soft bristle broom or a vacuum cleaner with suction only to remove dust on a regular basis.
- For slightly damp cleaning, we recommend Mohawk’s FloorCare Essentials Hardwood & Laminate Cleaner, using a cotton or microfiber mop.
- Avoid wet-mop cleaning with water or liquid cleaners.
TIPS FOR PREVENTING DAMAGE
- Invest in high-quality floor mats and protective pads under heavy furniture for an extra layer of protection.
- Carefully remove stubborn stains with acetone-based fingernail polish remover.
Wipe up spills and spots immediately with Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Hardwood & Laminate Flooring Cleaner applied directly to a clean white cloth.
- If one of your planks is beyond repair, use the Quick-Step UniFix® tool to remove and replace the damaged plank in minutes.
WHAT TO AVOID
- Applying cleaner directly to the surface can cause staining—lightly spray it on a cleaning cloth instead.
- Avoid cleaning machines like spray mops or power cleaners.
- Always avoid mopping with water and dry up any water spills immediately.